BIDANI has since been recognized as a tried and tested development intervention. The BIDANI strategy was included in the Accelerated Nutrition Act and in the Philippine Plan of Action for Nutrition (PPAN) 1993-1998, 1999-2004, 2005-2010, 2011-2016 and 2017-2022 as an enabling mechanism of the Plan.
In 2017, the BIDANI Network Program was recognized and awarded as one of the finalists for the Gawad Pangulo Award for Excellence in Public Service by the University of the Philippines System. A UP Forum article explained that
Since BIDANI’s inception in 1978, it has lived up to its name of an integrated development approach to address malnutrition problem in the country through capacity building of local government units, establishing and strengthening community-based organizations, and participatory development planning at the community-level for nutrition improvement and rural development. BIDANI has fulfilled UP’s mandate to lead other higher educational institutions in the areas of teaching, research, and, at its core, public service.
The BIDANI Network Program has also been recognized by its various partners in the academe, government, and civil society.
- Finalist, UP System Gawad Pangulo Award for Excellence in Public Service 2017
- UPLB Outstanding Extension Program Award 2003
- Hall of Fame Extension Service in the UPLB 2014
- Los Baños Science Community Most Outstanding Social Sciences-Research Program Award 1992
- UPLB Outstanding Extension Project of the Year 1990
- UP System Outstanding Extension Award 1990